• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you joking? Your post specifically talked about "how our losses are worse than most (maybe all) of the contenders". Now suddenly your changing it. You really are a piece of work. God I wish you were a Michigan fan.
Are you joking? Your post specifically talked about "how our losses are worse than most (maybe all) of the contenders". Now suddenly your changing it. You really are a piece of work. God I wish you were a Michigan fan.

i never said any such thing. ... onus is on you now to prove i did. where did i ever say our losses are worse than all the contenders?

first ... we only have one loss. second it was to the now top rated team. you are either very confused or ... grasping at straws.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked we fell that much. A win should still get us in but having oklahoma ahead of us is the biggest joke ever. I think they want to see Irish get a nice win before they jump us back in.

if ou doesn't lose again ... there's no reason at all they would change the standings.

and you're shocked because of the nd bubble you like to stay in. they looked very bad against a very bad team. you really think they'd ignore that?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually no. never in my life. thanks for the info.

what still confuses me is ... when notre dame is a 2 td favorite to win ... that has nothing to do with actual expectations?
nothing , that's exactly right, in all honesty most people are actually unaware of just how it works. All Vegas does is try to divide the betters so their is equal money bet on each side. The real genius's are the actual line makers. They really have to know what they're doing and trust me they do. They have formula's and past info on how the general betting public bets. They're not trying to predict any particular outcome but simply want to divide the bet. They will lose some but the vigorish in the end will kill the better who bets with any regularity. Like I stated in one of my previous posts , they make by have that vigorish keep adding up and compounding much like interest. It is quite amazing how often the Vegas line comes right down to one play, it's not all the time but it happens quite often.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually no. never in my life. thanks for the info.

what still confuses me is ... when notre dame is a 2 td favorite to win ... that has nothing to do with actual expectations?
nothing , that's exactly right, in all honesty most people are actually unaware of just how it works. All Vegas does is try to divide the betters so their is equal money bet on each side. The real genius's are the actual line makers. They really have to know what they're doing and trust me they do. They have formula's and past info on how the general betting public bets. They're not trying to predict any particular outcome but simply want to divide the bet. They will lose some but the vigorish in the end will kill the better who bets with any regularity. Like I stated in one of my previous posts , they make by have that vigorish keep adding up and compounding much like interest. It is quite amazing how often the Vegas line comes right down to one play, it's not all the time but it happens quite often.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ou doesn't lose again ... there's no reason at all they would change the standings.
I disagree, stanford is a bigger win for ND and ND loss is better. Plus a navy win with a navy team that has a shot to be in the top 12.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd LOVE to point out how our loses are worse than most (maybe all) the contenders but i can't without a whole lot of investigative work. if there's a site somewhere which shows how team fared against the spread i think it would clearly point out how "weak" our wins have been.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to hope psu beats msu (not gonna happen) and then msu beats iowa. there is probably another scenario, but nd has only themselves to blame for this. you can blame injuries or whatever but, nd should have shredded bc with the team they had on the field.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, stanford is a bigger win for ND and ND loss is better. Plus a navy win with a navy team that has a shot to be in the top 12.

it's only my opinion but I honestly believe if Notre Dame wins they're in. In all actuality I think if they do they've earned it. That being said it doesn't mean shit how they would fair once they're in but I do think a win means they have earned the right to play on for the championship. Merely my take on it. We'll have to wait and see. I still remember the old days when it came down to the AP polls.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trust me, i wish you were correct. but i'd put the odds at about 90% against ... even if we manage to beat stanford.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska over Iowa is more likely than Penn St over MSU @idseer

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irish7478 ... ok i think i see the confusion. did you read the last sentence? i was talking about the weak wins. not losses. obviously we had one loss so why would i say that? that was simply a typo.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was wrong about slipping at this point a Stanford win might get them back in but that would likely depend on what Stanford did in the Pac12 Championship game. I have to believe that if Notre Dame looks good at Stanford in a win it would have to push them up some in the rankings but how much? The one good thing is that none of the teams in play for the 3rd and 4th spots ahead of Notre Dame are guaranteed to win next week with Oklahoma playing in Stillwater vs Oklahoma State, Iowa playing in Lincoln vs Nebraska, and Michigan State taking on Penn State in East Lansing (probably the most favorable match up).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our season is done. So tired of this college football garbage.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically unless we beat Stanford by 4 tds were done

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our season is done. So tired of this college football garbage.

Basically unless we beat Stanford by 4 tds were done

The season is far from over we don't know how things will play out it is likely that one of those three teams will lose hopefully Oklahoma because the other two are likely going to play one another. I also don't think they have to beat a very good top 10 Stanford team by 4 TD's just don't play as terribly as they did against BC and Wake Forest. They would win by 10 or so points and look good doing it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping from 4 to 6 is garbage. I'm so sick of college football. This shit is as bad as the BCS

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping from 4 to 6 is garbage. I'm so sick of college football. This shit is as bad as the BCS

Well it is what it is, I guess If Notre Dame were playing Clemson in the ACC championship game they would be in is the talk we'll be hearing all week.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not over yet. Ok St could knock off OU

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State was defeated by Nebraska.
OU was defeated by Texas.

Why the fuck are those teams ahead of us?