• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Which might not take 3 years let alone 3-5 years"

We still have to wait for him to even play in the AHL.

It might take even more (who knows) i dont want to drop all the Flyers eggs in one basket.

I say he needs maximum 1 year in the AHL. But who am I to know that. Just my feeling on it.

And I don't mind hedging your bets and getting someone in the short term (1-3 years) that's an upgrade on Elliot and insurance on Hart. That's why they draft a goalie every year too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is not with acquiring a goalie, it is with acquiring a goalie on an expensive 8 year contract.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is not with acquiring a goalie, it is with acquiring a goalie on an expensive 8 year contract.

Still pissed that we didn't hold onto Bob... current playoff struggles not withstanding

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the other part? You like players picked 2nd in the draft who have a career high of 62 points 11 years after being drafted?.

I look at the state of the team and the positions he was put in as much as the results. Kid had all the tools and needed to find a way to put them together. Seems like he did as soon as he was away from here.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the state of the team and the positions he was put in as much as the results. Kid had all the tools and needed to find a way to put them together. Seems like he did as soon as he was away from here.
He never has had more than 62 points in a season in his career and has a total of 201 goals 11 years after being drafted. Patrick Kane 1 pick ahead has 312 goals and a lot of 70-80 point seasons to go with one 100 point season. Thats putting in work not a guy with a 62 point season high.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never has had more than 62 points in a season in his career and has a total of 201 goals 11 years after being drafted. Patrick Kane 1 pick ahead has 312 goals and a lot of 70-80 point seasons to go with one 100 point season. Thats putting in work not a guy with a 62 point season high.

I don't judge JVR against Kane. Thats a tough comparison even for other top picks.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record, I hate all you bastards for posting so much stuff for me to have to bactrack and read lol.:gaah:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't judge JVR against Kane. Thats a tough comparison even for other top picks.
How about of the other guys drafted later in that first round that either have more points or are better defenseman that he is a forward. A couple of players you may know is Jake Voracek and Sam Gagne. There is also Logan Couture David Perron Max Pacioretty. How about a couple of defenseman Shattenkirk and McDonah were also in that draft and another guy we should all be familiar with is Wayne Simmonds. Is it ok to compare him against any of them?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about of the other guys drafted later in that first round that either have more points or are better defenseman that he is a forward. A couple of players you may know is Jake Voracek and Sam Gagne. There is also Logan Couture David Perron Max Pacioretty. How about a couple of defenseman Shattenkirk and McDonah were also in that draft and another guy we should all be familiar with is Wayne Simmonds. Is it ok to compare him against any of them?

Sure, those comparisons are valid... but giving up on a skilled kid 3 years into getting to the big club for a mediocre defenseman is just dumb. NFL drafts are such a crap shoot for 98% of the players. You're drafting children. And it speaks volumes to the other children in your system when you oust a rising member for what amounted to nothing.

Plus, I always love it when my team has good young Americans playing rather than always talking aboot Canucks, eh?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, those comparisons are valid... but giving up on a skilled kid 3 years into getting to the big club for a mediocre defenseman is just dumb. NFL drafts are such a crap shoot for 98% of the players. You're drafting children. And it speaks volumes to the other children in your system when you oust a rising member for what amounted to nothing.

Plus, I always love it when my team has good young Americans playing rather than always talking aboot Canucks, eh?
Skilled is definitely a strong word to use about JVR IMO. Remember he was drafted in 2007 and chose to go to school instead of playing for us for his first two years. You are right all drafts are a crap shoot and we lost that crap shoot when we drafted JVR and also when we traded him.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skilled is definitely a strong word to use about JVR IMO. Remember he was drafted in 2007 and chose to go to school instead of playing for us for his first two years. You are right all drafts are a crap shoot and we lost that crap shoot when we drafted JVR and also when we traded him.

I will say... even if he was on the team this year, we still lose to the Pens.