• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess las and SF didn't read my long post where I said they should add Cole, Stastny, Skinner, and Smith across the summer and trade deadline next year. Either that or making 4 'now' moves counts as waiting 3 more years :crazy:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe you guys want to trade for 10.5 million Carey Price. Has the Bryz/Bob wound even healed yet? Now you want to do the same damn thing?

Something about the definition of insanity..

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe you guys want to trade for 10.5 million Carey Price. Has the Bryz/Bob wound even healed yet? Now you want to do the same damn thing?

Not only is it $10.5/year it'f for 8 years. The last 2-3 years of that contract will cause migraine type headaches.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess las and SF didn't read my long post where I said they should add Cole, Stastny, Skinner, and Smith across the summer and trade deadline next year. Either that or making 4 'now' moves counts as waiting 3 more years :crazy:
I did read it and had a good time laughing if you think we are getting all of those players you listed. :nod:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read it and had a good time laughing if you think we are getting all of those players you listed. :nod:

What part isn't feasible? It might not be those guys specifically, but guys like them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess you didnt read any of my multiple posts that said i dint want to do that trade. :gaah:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you didnt read any of my multiple posts that said i dint want to do that trade. :gaah:

I'm not even saying the trade you said you wouldn't do, I don't want Price in any trade.

Assuming you don't kidnap Bergevin's family and ransom them back to him for Price. Costing the Flyers nothing in return.

Post #7 you support trading for Price.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part isn't feasible? It might not be those guys specifically, but guys like them.

Not feasible:
Stasny 3 years 5 million
Cole 4 years at 4 million

If you want to put up guys like that you will be paying more for them also.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not feasible:
Stasny 3 years 5 million
Cole 4 years at 4 million

If you want to put up guys like that you will be paying more for them also.

Ok sure. Give Stastny 4 years 6 million and Cole 5 years 5 million. The Flyers can afford both of those with relative ease.

I probably don't go more than that though. But it's because I don't think those guys are good enough to command that money, not because the Flyers shouldn't spend more money.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying the trade you said you wouldn't do, I don't want Price in any trade.

Assuming you don't kidnap Bergevin's family and ransom them back to him for Price. Costing the Flyers nothing in return.

Post #7 you support trading for Price.
So that goes back to the great plan of waiting 3-5 more years for a shot at the cup. Awesome lets wait more years maybe we can get to 50 years without a cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that goes back to the great plan of waiting 3-5 more years for a shot at the cup. Awesome lets wait more years maybe we can get to 50 years without a cup.

Where the f*ck is anyone saying we should wait 3 years let alone the new 3-5 you've got here?!? You keep adding years to the wait when nobody is saying we should wait.

Patience with Carter Hart. Don't saddle yourself with Carey Price to fix a short term issue because you can't wait for Hart. Trade for short term guys (Smith) or sign free agents. Carey Price is a long term solution to a short term problem. That's asinine! It's EXACTLY what they did with Bryz because they were too impatient to let Bob develop for a couple years. And because they spent so much on Bryz, they had to trade Bob to protect their investment. Which is EXACTLY what they would do with Hart.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok sure. Give Stastny 4 years 6 million and Cole 5 years 5 million. The Flyers can afford both of those with relative ease.

I probably don't go more than that though. But it's because I don't think those guys are good enough to command that money, not because the Flyers shouldn't spend more money.
Those wholesale prices may sound good on paper for us but they are not accepting those BS contracts

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the f*ck is anyone saying we should wait 3 years let alone the new 3-5 you've got here?!?
We still dont have a goalie to bring us a cup. Whats the plan to get a goalie to get us a cup? Thats why someone brought up the Price trade in the first place,

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still dont have a goalie to bring us a cup. Whats the plan to get a goalie to get us a cup? Thats why someone brought up the Price trade in the first place,

My plan would be to wait until the trade deadline. If Elliot isn't cutting it, get a rental. Decent chance Mike Smith is available, I would target him.

If you don't like that. Lehtonen and Bernier are UFA, not that they're an upgrade on Elliot.

Rinne, Varlamov, Bob, Fleury, and Talbot are UFA in 2020. Try trading for one of them instead. Big hit maybe, but shorter term.

Holtby, Crawford, Murray, Markstrom, are UFA in 2021. We're starting to creep in to the long term solution for a short term issue in this range, but i'd still consider these guys way before i'd consider Price.

All i'm saying is you don't need to trade for 8 years of Carey Price. Trade for a 1-3 year goalie if you want an upgrade on Elliot until Hart gets here (which might not take 3 years, let alone 3-5). I'm fine with that. Carey Price doesn't make any sense.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those wholesale prices may sound good on paper for us but they are not accepting those BS contracts

We'll revisit this when they sign.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan would be to wait until the trade deadline. If Elliot isn't cutting it, get a rental. Decent chance Mike Smith is available, I would target him.

If you don't like that. Lehtonen and Bernier are UFA, not that they're an upgrade on Elliot.

Rinne, Varlamov, Bob, Fleury, and Talbot are UFA in 2020. Try trading for one of them instead. Big hit maybe, but shorter term.

Holtby, Crawford, Murray, Markstrom, are UFA in 2021. We're starting to creep in to the long term solution for a short term issue in this range, but i'd still consider these guys way before i'd consider Price.

All i'm saying is you don't need to trade for 8 years of Carey Price. Trade for a 1-3 year goalie if you want an upgrade on Elliot until Hart gets here (which might not take 3 years, let alone 3-5). I'm fine with that. Carey Price doesn't make any sense.
"Which might not take 3 years let alone 3-5 years"

We still have to wait for him to even play in the AHL.

It might take even more (who knows) i dont want to drop all the Flyers eggs in one basket.