• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #1 Ohio State (4-0) @ Indiana (4-0)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Georgia is getting butt fucked I see. And other good game on?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good game lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Georgia is getting butt fucked I see. And other good game on?

Baylor vs TTech has been good if you like your TDs in 2 minutes intervals.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thanked him in the main board game thread

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. This game was quite nerve wrecking. A lot needs to change if this team wants to defend it's title. In no specific order:
1) Penalties continue to kill us
2) Missed assignments between the QB and the route runner WR
3) Will not go unbeaten with Cardale at QB ( book it)
4) Predictible playcalling BS is getting old

* Our defense was constantly on the field a lot, even though the TOP was in our favor. Indiana's fast pace offense was eventually wearing our boys down. If we didn't have the depth that we do, we lose this game. Also, I think the refs screwed up a few calls and spots where the balls were marked. I hate to make excuses, but those were some big calls.

Next question: Does Urbs win or lose with Cardale moving forward? His inconsistency continues with passibg and the reading the defense. It was obvious that Urbs had no confidence in him at the end. Luckily it didn't come down to a tie game and OT. Teams will stack the box and make Cardale beat them and more times than not, he will miss the WR. Just my .02... It's a win and I'll take it.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. This game was quite nerve wrecking. A lot needs to change if this team wants to defend it's title. In no specific order:
1) Penalties continue to kill us
2) Missed assignments between the QB and the route runner WR
3) Will not go unbeaten with Cardale at QB ( book it)
4) Predictible playcalling BS is getting old

* Our defense was constantly on the field a lot, even though the TOP was in our favor. Indiana's fast pace offense was eventually wearing our boys down. If we didn't have the depth that we do, we lose this game. Also, I think the refs screwed up a few calls and spots where the balls were marked. I hate to make excuses, but those were some big calls.

Next question: Does Urbs win or lose with Cardale moving forward? His inconsistency continues with passibg and the reading the defense. It was obvious that Urbs had no confidence in him at the end. Luckily it didn't come down to a tie game and OT. Teams will stack the box and make Cardale beat them and more times than not, he will miss the WR. Just my .02... It's a win and I'll take it.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I'm still not ready to give up on Cardale yet. He missed some throws but I have not liked the play calling at all. Seemed like last year they just let him go out and be Cardale. Played to his strengths. I know the deep threat isn't quite there but it doesn't even seem like we see trying to establish it. If Cardale is the starter then throw the zone read out the window, (like they keep saying they are going to but don't) run some vertical routes and deep posts and slants, and for god sakes get the ball to Zeke in between the damn tackles so he can wear down the defense. I keep hearing Urban say we are power football team but not seeing a whole lot of action to back up those words. Although when they do use power, it seems to work really well.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the fuck is going on with our offensive play calling

Yeah some playmakers need to make better plays but the play calling gets too fancy and we try to feed too many mouths.

Just call plays to score, not please everyone on the offense. Thank god Zeke saved our asses today

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at least happy he's sticking with xardale and not fuxking around with 2 qbs.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at least happy he's sticking with xardale and not fuxking around with 2 qbs.
I still think Urbs should consider using both in this offense. It worked at UF w Leak and Tebow. If Cardale can't figure this shit out quickly, it won't matter because we will be out of the playoff picture after a loss possibly. Cardale has to figure this out. Teams are challenging him to throw, which usually will give Michael Thomas or Jalin Marshall open and he waits too long to throw. Let your weapons take care of business. Just get the ball out.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stacked the box the entire game and we rarely if ever threw the ball down field. This is the biggest difference between this years play calling and last years. I know we don't have Devon Smith but we have multiple other guys that go out for a deep ball for crying out loud.

Could it be that this team only thrives in domes ?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stacked the box the entire game and we rarely if ever threw the ball down field. This is the biggest difference between this years play calling and last years. I know we don't have Devon Smith but we have multiple other guys that go out for a deep ball for crying out loud.

Could it be that this team only thrives in domes ?

Need to start playing to Cardale's strengths for sure. Also, screw em if they are stacking the box, run it down their throats anyway. I think Zeke and this offensive line can do it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I have some issues.
First of all, we are now down 2 WR's Corey and Noah going down.
They need to establish a deep threat, Marshall or possibly Samuel. Brax could be electric but he they arent getting them the ball. It seems like they have playmakers but they are true receivers which could be a problem. Also, havent seen much of Dontre.
The D-line needs to start dominating like they should be. Tbh, I didnt get to watch the game live, I was in Gainesville but I did watch the replay the other night and the defense has played well but didnt play their best in this game.

More issues, PENALTIES!
TURNOVERS!
REDZONE!

Those are 3 BIG issues. They actually had what 7 turnovers in the two CFP games last year, but their offense and defense dominated. I know it is still early but turnovers need to come to a halt.
Penalties are just boneheaded mistakes, that will come in time hopefully. They need to limit those.
The Redzone and 3rd down conversions is the biggest issue, that will also come in time but we need to see improvement bc I havent.

I am fine with Cardale being in there, even though I will never think he was truly the best choice. He can look great at times on the intermediate throws. The deep ball is still not there and he is making bad decisions, too many turnovers. The receivers arent helping, they look confused on routes and are fumbling and dropping a lot of balls.

This could be the turning point. The Maryland game. I thought it was last year, hopefully we see a big change this week!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to start playing to Cardale's strengths for sure. Also, screw em if they are stacking the box, run it down their throats anyway. I think Zeke and this offensive line can do it

I think this is just the start. Zeke and o-line are finding their groove, it looks like. Hopefully this can open up the pass game and finally find a deep threat. Not gonna matter much if Cardale cant find his deep throw accuracy haha. But at least the strong point of this offense is looking better and then everything else can fit into place.

At this time last year, they looked worse. We just expect more now after the championship and all the hype.