• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston won 2 out of 3 games this season against GS, but because they’re defending champs they’re better? That’s derpy logic.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston won 2 out of 3 games this season against GS, but because they’re defending champs they’re better? That’s derpy logic.

I agree it's faulty logic, but holding on to the two out of three games is also faulty logic. In how many of those 3 games did all of the Hamptons 5 play? Answer: Zero.

Game 1 (Loss) - No Andre Iguodala
Game 2 (Win) - No Kevin Durant
Game 3 (Loss) - No Andre Iguodala

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's faulty logic, but holding on to the two out of three games is also faulty logic. In how many of those 3 games did all of the Hamptons 5 play? Answer: Zero.

Game 1 (Loss) - No Andre Iguodala
Game 2 (Win) - No Kevin Durant
Game 3 (Loss) - No Andre Iguodala
Not to mention playoff basketball is different. Or did we already forget the #1 seed getting swept by the #4 seed in the East?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you're just joking around the regular season means next to nothing in the playoffs. The Rockets have to play their best basketball of the season if they wanna advance to the Finals. The Warriors are too good & too experienced. Which kinda makes me sick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're just joking around the regular season means next to nothing in the playoffs. The Rockets have to play their best basketball of the season if they wanna advance to the Finals. The Warriors are too good & too experienced. Which kinda makes me sick.

Also, check out Houston's rotations in the games they played against the Warriors. They only played 8 guys in most of their games. EIGHT. During the regular season.

They were clearly gunning for those wins. Conversely if you look at the Warriors, they never played less than 10, including 12 on opening night, which they lost by 1 point. Warriors have always been big picture.

Now in the Rockets series, I would anticipate you'll see a 9 man rotation. Warriors I think will start Steph, Klay, KD, Andre and Draymond, and will have Livingston, Looney, Cook and the 9th going to be based on how the game flow is going could be West, Bell or Young.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, check out Houston's rotations in the games they played against the Warriors. They only played 8 guys in most of their games. EIGHT. During the regular season.

They were clearly gunning for those wins. Conversely if you look at the Warriors, they never played less than 10, including 12 on opening night, which they lost by 1 point. Warriors have always been big picture.

Now in the Rockets series, I would anticipate you'll see a 9 man rotation. Warriors I think will start Steph, Klay, KD, Andre and Draymond, and will have Livingston, Looney, Cook and the 9th going to be based on how the game flow is going could be West, Bell or Young.

What about Patrick McCaw? There's a certain NBA guru in the NBA threads that's always badmouthing the former UNLV Runnin' Rebel. He better cut that shit out or else!

As far as the Warriors. As much as I hate to say it they're the best team in the league & I just don't think the Rockets will be able to beat them 4 outta 7. Which is a real kick in the basket-balls.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a friendly reminder that me and @Montalban have a one month avi-bet riding on this series. I have the Warriors, he took the Rockets. Only way for the bet to be called off is if Harden, CP3, Curry or Draymond do not play in game 1 due to injury.

Are you going to make him wear a Warrior avatar?

Man he would hate that.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 5. Rockets look far from convincing this past series or all playoffs long really. Paul isn't gonna be able to put career points against GS' backcourt. At first I thought Warriors in 6 but it probably won't even take that long for GS to dispatch them and then go on to beat the Cavs in 5 games giving LeFraud his great 3-6 record.

Basically this is the finals though. Whoever wins this series wins it all. Though I think its going to underwhelm now that Curry is back at full flight

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 5. Rockets look far from convincing this past series or all playoffs long really. Paul isn't gonna be able to put career points against GS' backcourt. At first I thought Warriors in 6 but it probably won't even take that long for GS to dispatch them and then go on to beat the Cavs in 5 games giving LeFraud his great 3-6 record

Basically this is the finals though. Whoever wins this series wins it all

Thought Warriors were overrated?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Warriors were overrated?

Compared to past great teams yes they are. Today though.. Probably gonna manage 4-5 straight titles. Unless LeQueen goes and colludes in Houston

Lets call it the way it is too. There isn't too many teams for the Warriors to worry about now. The West isn't as good as it was in say the 2000s. Not even close. The East is still pathetic as ever. So there aren't going to have to worry about a legit threat there. Especially now that Irving left Cleveland

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to past great teams yes they are. Today though.. Probably gonna manage 4-5 straight titles. Unless LeQueen goes and colludes in Houston

Lets call it the way it is too. There isn't too many teams for the Warriors to worry about now. The West isn't as good as it was in say the 2000s. Not even close. The East is still pathetic as ever

Because all today's teams are trash.

GTFO

The Warriors don't have to worry about anybody because they have the greatest collection of talent ever assembled on an NBA team in the modern era.

2 prime superstars plus 2 more prime allstars and 2 more former allstars to provide depth.

No team has ever had that since the ABA merger.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And lets not forget that GS got drilled by 30 points by New Orleans.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets will win in 6.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that we have to wait till Monday for the WCF.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 5. Rockets look far from convincing this past series or all playoffs long really. Paul isn't gonna be able to put career points against GS' backcourt. At first I thought Warriors in 6 but it probably won't even take that long for GS to dispatch them and then go on to beat the Cavs in 5 games giving LeFraud his great 3-6 record.

Basically this is the finals though. Whoever wins this series wins it all. Though I think its going to underwhelm now that Curry is back at full flight

:crazy:

Can you go 1 damn comment w/o mentioning LeBron? Seriously. He has nothing to do w/ this series.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy:

Can you go 1 damn comment w/o mentioning LeBron? Seriously. He has nothing to do w/ this series.

Well he gonna lose to one of them ultimately . So he has something to do with it. ROFLMAO

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he gonna lose to one of them ultimately . So he has something to do with it. ROFLMAO

You're an idiot. He has nothing to do w/ the WCF.