• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so thrilled at yesterday's outcome I haven't been able to speak
I would describe it more as all that crow you had to eat is stuck in your throat. :dhd:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good man. I'll have the avatar selected for you by tomorrow.
Then I can save it to my computer and upload it as my avatar; isn't that how it works?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the Cavs have played this Warriors team last year and lost in a drudging of a 5-game series. And that was with Irving at his side. This is a new roster, but they're not better than last year.

Yes, it's premature to say the Dubs will win. But to say that the Cavs for sure will make this a competitive series is laughable considering the Pacers whom are in a rebuild took them 7 as did Boston that was missing 2 all stars.

We always way say styles make fights in boxing...some of that was in play in this CLE/IND series...the Pacers back court was just a bad match up for the Cavs...I thought it might get worse with an even better back court in TOR but they're different kind of players, didn't present the same kind of challenge that IND did.

HOU took GS to the brink because GS maybe lost track of what makes them a better team than HOU...sharing the ball off motion and knocking down shots...not ISO ball with KD.

As far as this series goes...just like HOU, CLE just doesn't have enough players that can put the ball in the hole to beat GS 4 times...maybe they push it to 6, but I think this is a 5 game series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately none of what you stated was factual. It was all opinion.

Saying something isn’t proper strategy is your opinion.

And splitting 10s is a horrid analogy considering the odds of getting a 10/ace is 38%. Which is actually lower then the odds of Capela making a free throw.

And when splitting the cards you need to connect on both.

Capela missing just 1 is a major benefit. As it was.

Look, not fouling Capela isn’t stupid either. But deciding to do it was absolutely not a bad move.

It is factual that fouling immediately create more possessions for each team, thereby extending the game.

That is precisely why losing teams intentionally foul in the final minute. To give them more possessions.

If the two teams played it out without fouling, each would have likely had 6-7 possessions depending on pace. By fouling, GS shortens the length of each Rockets possession by 10-15 seconds, thereby adding 3/5 possssions for each team.

Houston was unlikely to come back either way, but is it more likely if the other team has 6 possessions, or if they have 10?

Your assumption that Capella can't get hot from the line is false. Hell, in game 4 he went 4-5.

The Warriors were likely to win no matter what because they were up 10. But like I said, it was an unnecessary risk for Kerr to take at that juncture of the game. Any other time would have been better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors were likely to win no matter what because they were up 10. But like I said, it was an unnecessary risk for Kerr to take at that juncture of the game. Any other time would have been better.

Agree. I mean, I understand why he did it. Capela shooting, he's basically limiting the Rockets to 1 point per possession, while getting 2 or 3 on the Warriors possessions.

But maybe use that earlier in the game when the Rockets were in a rhythm and building a big lead to disrupt them and shorten their run.

Late in the game with a 10 point lead, you just want to get the game over asap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We always way say styles make fights in boxing...some of that was in play in this CLE/IND series...the Pacers back court was just a bad match up for the Cavs...I thought it might get worse with an even better back court in TOR but they're different kind of players, didn't present the same kind of challenge that IND did.

HOU took GS to the brink because GS maybe lost track of what makes them a better team than HOU...sharing the ball off motion and knocking down shots...not ISO ball with KD.

As far as this series goes...just like HOU, CLE just doesn't have enough players that can put the ball in the hole to beat GS 4 times...maybe they push it to 6, but I think this is a 5 game series.
Ding ding ding

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just trying to make sure you can follow along.
Ha ha! You must be bored today. Dishes all done, house vacuumed and soaps all watched for today?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, do I know this team or what?

Elhassan:
Can they stay engaged and motivated enough? It has been a theme all year long. The Warriors are bored with the lack of competition, and Kerr has tried every trick and gambit to keep this team focused, including letting the players coach the team! In the postseason, we've seen this apathy manifest itself with dominant performances followed by listless losses. The length of this series is going to be directly correlated to just how much the Warriors feel like giving a damn.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, do I know this team or what?

Elhassan:
Can they stay engaged and motivated enough? It has been a theme all year long. The Warriors are bored with the lack of competition, and Kerr has tried every trick and gambit to keep this team focused, including letting the players coach the team! In the postseason, we've seen this apathy manifest itself with dominant performances followed by listless losses. The length of this series is going to be directly correlated to just how much the Warriors feel like giving a damn.

I do have to give you a little credit.

I never imagined a team could come out the way the Warriors did first half of games 6 and 7 when facing elimination.

They are plenty good enough to overcome a listless half, but damn. I thought they had turned a corner after the first 2 playoff series.

I overestimated their desire, while you underestimated their ability.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooo I'm on the case, will try to find something tonight!
A couple suggestions...

a-troll-responds-600x450.jpg

keo1r.jpg

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to give you a little credit.

I never imagined a team could come out the way the Warriors did first half of games 6 and 7 when facing elimination.

They are plenty good enough to overcome a listless half, but damn. I thought they had turned a corner after the first 2 playoff series.

I overestimated their desire, while you underestimated their ability.
I knew they had the ability but all season long getting them to focus and give effort has been Kerr's biggest headache. I'm just stunned that they cannot motivate themselves. This is the very reason I picked the Rockets.

One of these days they are going to screw around the whole first half and its not going to be there in the 2nd when they needed it and it will cost them the championship. I believe it would have this year, after they threw away games 4 and 5, if Chris Paul had not gotten injured.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew they had the ability but all season long getting them to focus and give effort has been Kerr's biggest headache. I'm just stunned that they cannot motivate themselves. This is the very reason I picked the Rockets.

One of these days they are going to screw around the whole first half and its not going to be there in the 2nd when they needed it and it will cost them the championship. I believe it would have this year, after they threw away games 4 and 5, if Chris Paul had not gotten injured.

You picked the Rockets because, as you said on numerous occasions, the Rockets were clearly the superior team.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is factual that fouling immediately create more possessions for each team, thereby extending the game.

That is precisely why losing teams intentionally foul in the final minute. To give them more possessions.

If the two teams played it out without fouling, each would have likely had 6-7 possessions depending on pace. By fouling, GS shortens the length of each Rockets possession by 10-15 seconds, thereby adding 3/5 possssions for each team.

Houston was unlikely to come back either way, but is it more likely if the other team has 6 possessions, or if they have 10?

Your assumption that Capella can't get hot from the line is false. Hell, in game 4 he went 4-5.

Him going 4/5 the game before is exactly what points to doing it now.

He’s a 40% shooter for a reason. Law of averages.

He’s simply not going to get points. The offense has no rythmn.

With the warriors offense it was brilliant.

It would take years for the rockets to come back strictly on capella free throws and that’s assuming GS isn’t scoring.

A team that loves the 3 ball getting 3? Or maybe getting 1?