• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 09/13/17 Red Sox Cruise, Yankees lose, Indians WOW, Dodgers win

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good riddance

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day, another home run for Hoskins. Now batting .310/.434/.784 (205 wRC+) with 17 home runs in just 143 PA. He also has 24 walks to 26 strikeouts. Obviously he won't keep the home run pace up, but the combination of plate discipline and power are exciting. Enjoy him Phillies fans, he looks like he could be a special player.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the other poster pointed that out to me.. But I still think it's impressive as hell. So is this current win streak by the Indians

Is someone saying 25 wins and a tie in 26 games isn't impressive? Because it is. Impressive as hell.

It's just not a 21 game winning streak.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to talk to the conductor of that.

To me, the message is unclear.

Is it an indictment of America, baseball, or possibly even the combination of the two and racism.

My guess is it's a college kid who doesn't understand nearly as much as he or she thinks.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Flablo become a starter? haha

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to talk to the conductor of that.

To me, the message is unclear.

Is it an indictment of America, baseball, or possibly even the combination of the two and racism.

My guess is it's a college kid who doesn't understand nearly as much as he or she thinks.

Yeah, are they trying to be racist? Against Racism? Against baseball?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is someone saying 25 wins and a tie in 26 games isn't impressive? Because it is. Impressive as hell.

It's just not a 21 game winning streak.
It's actually 26 wins with a tie in there. They didn't actually count ties in the standings, they just replayed the game. So it is 26 straight wins, plus a 27th game was played that didn't count because it ended in a tie.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually 26 wins with a tie in there. They didn't actually count ties in the standings, they just replayed the game. So it is 26 straight wins, plus a 27th game was played that didn't count because it ended in a tie.

Yeah, that's what I said. They didn't win 26 straight games.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they bringing them up in this discussion? That's not a winning streak; it was a non-losing streak. We don't have ties no more, skeeter.
But they did win 26 games in a row. It's actually 27 straight games without losing, but one game doesn't count because it ended in a tie. They didn't count ties in the standings, they just replayed it. The Giants started that streak 59-62 and ended it 85-62.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is, they did not win 26 straight games.
Splitting hairs. It's not like the Giants could have stopped darkness from coming. They went from 59-62 to 85-62. So 26 straight wins.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a game played during the streak? Yes.
Was it a win? No.
Not really 26 wins in a row.
Silly distinction. The game didn't count towards the standings. They went from 3 games under .500 to 23 games over .500. Just because they had to replay one of the games because it got dark doesn't change that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly distinction. The game didn't count towards the standings. They went from 3 games under .500 to 23 games over .500. Just because they had to replay one of the games because it got dark doesn't change that.
Literal fact. If the Indians lost an extra innings game back around Labor Day, our streak would be over. They didn't win the game and it happened during the streak, so they didn't win 26 games in a row. Fact.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literal fact. If the Indians lost an extra innings game back around Labor Day, our streak would be over. They didn't win the game and it happened during the streak, so they didn't win 26 games in a row. Fact.
Yeah and the Giants didn't lose that game. It was called and replayed and they won the game that actually mattered. You're splitting hairs for some reason. There are plenty of reasons that the Indians streak is more impressive than the Giants that you don't have to stoop to an idiotic level. For one, the Giants played at home for every single one of those games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and the Giants didn't lose that game. It was called and replayed and they won the game that actually mattered. You're splitting hairs for some reason. There are plenty of reasons that the Indians streak is more impressive than the Giants that you don't have to stoop to an idiotic level. For one, the Giants played at home for every single one of those games.
Not talking about games lost, talking about games won. And the original game mattered because it happened during the streak. No, I'm not splitting hairs, I'm literally stating facts.

I'm not being idiotic, again, this is an actual 100% verifiable fact. Their streak was not a 26 game winning streak just because the league had some moronic, arbitrary rule about ties. That's like saying the game on the 23rd doesn't count because it happened on the commissioner's birthday so we get to replay it.

Facts are facts. 26 wins in a row means you have played 26 games and won every single one. The Giants did not do that, the Indians are 1 win away from owning the all-time longest winning streak.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about games lost, talking about games won. And the original game mattered because it happened during the streak. No, I'm not splitting hairs, I'm literally stating facts.

I'm not being idiotic, again, this is an actual 100% verifiable fact. Their streak was not a 26 game winning streak just because the league had some moronic, arbitrary rule about ties. That's like saying the game on the 23rd doesn't count because it happened on the commissioner's birthday so we get to replay it.

Facts are facts. 26 wins in a row means you have played 26 games and won every single one. The Giants did not do that, the Indians are 1 win away from owning the all-time longest winning streak.
1. Literal fact: The game was replayed and therefore does not matter.

2. You claim to not be making idiotic statements, and then proceed to make an asinine statement. How on earth is replaying games that have to end due to darkness the same as not counting games that play on the commissioner's birthday? If you have to stoop to an even further idiotic level, I don't know what to tell you.

3. So you love facts, but will ignore the fact that MLB recognizes the Giants winning streak as 26 games because of their rule about ties? Okay, enjoy your fake "longest winning streak ever".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Literal fact: The game was replayed and therefore does not matter.

2. You claim to not be making idiotic statements, and then proceed to make an asinine statement. How on earth is replaying games that have to end due to darkness the same as not counting games that play on the commissioner's birthday? If you have to stoop to an even further idiotic level, I don't know what to tell you.

3. So you love facts, but will ignore the fact that MLB recognizes the Giants winning streak as 26 games because of their rule about ties? Okay, enjoy your fake "longest winning streak ever".
1. Yes, it literally does matter, because they did not win. You can't say something doesn't matter is a fact when it's actually just your opinion.

2. Just because what I say proves you wrong, it doesn't mean it's asinine. The game was a tie; it was not a win. The league ruled it a tie. As in, that's the end of the game.

3. I do love facts. I'm not ignoring what MLB recognizes, I just don't care. They played a 9 inning game. The game ended. They did not win. That hasn't happened to Cleveland yet, so if we win tonight, we own the longest actual winning streak in MLB history. Sorry you don't like it for whatever reason, but it's a fact. When you play a game and don't win it and it's ruled not in your favor at the end, it doesn't count as a win.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yes, it literally does matter, because they did not win. You can't say something doesn't matter is a fact when it's actually just your opinion.

2. Just because what I say proves you wrong, it doesn't mean it's asinine. The game was a tie; it was not a win. The league ruled it a tie. As in, that's the end of the game.

3. I do love facts. I'm not ignoring what MLB recognizes, I just don't care. They played a 9 inning game. The game ended. They did not win. That hasn't happened to Cleveland yet, so if we win tonight, we own the longest actual winning streak in MLB history. Sorry you don't like it for whatever reason, but it's a fact. When you play a game and don't win it and it's ruled not in your favor at the end, it doesn't count as a win.
You're confused. They didn't play 9 innings and then called the game because they didn't play extra innings back then. They called the game after 8 innings because it got dark. If the Indians were tied in the 8th inning, and it started raining and the game had to be played the next day, would you say their winning streak ended?