• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 09/11/17:Dodgers losing streak at 10, Judge go deep 2X, & Giants look awful

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt is wondering about the location - it'll probably be in New York due to season head to head record.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt is wondering about the location - it'll probably be in New York due to season head to head record.

No, I'm actually wondering

So they play that game?

WC the next day?

ALDS next day?

Do they re-adjust the schedule?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers play the Giants this week. Will the Dodgers finally end this cold streak they're on? Seems like the Giants would be the cure to a team's cold streak.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they play that game?

WC the next day?

ALDS next day?

Tiebreakers
Within the Division: If there is a tie at the conclusion of the regular MLB season for any of the divisional or wild-card positions, a one-game playoff will be held the day after the season to determine the team that advances. If there is a tie for a division and the losing team is assured of winning a wild card, there is no one-game playoff. The team that won the season series between the two is named the division champion.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they play that game?

WC the next day?

ALDS next day?

No. They don't change the schedule.

10/1 - last game regular season
10/2 - tie-breaker
10/3 - Wild Card Game
10/5 - ALDS Game 1

They could, in theory, play four teams in four different cities in five days.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I get a new car OR put the $971 bucks to replace the alternator?

2008 Nissan Altima... Just under 123K miles

Already put just under $1,200 2 days ago to fix bearings.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiebreakers
Within the Division: If there is a tie at the conclusion of the regular MLB season for any of the divisional or wild-card positions, a one-game playoff will be held the day after the season to determine the team that advances. If there is a tie for a division and the losing team is assured of winning a wild card, there is no one-game playoff. The team that won the season series between the two is named the division champion.

WOW, that is something i did not know

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They don't change the schedule.

10/1 - last game regular season
10/2 - tie-breaker
10/3 - Wild Card Game
10/5 - ALDS Game 1

They could, in theory, play four teams in four different cities in five days.

No tiebreaker game it seems

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiebreakers

WOW, that is something i did not know

I think that is the old scenario, before the second wild card was added. See the following from MLB.com. It's dated last year, but I don't think anything has changed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Playoff tiebreaker rules

How to determine playoff tiebreakers
MLB.com | September 6th, 2016
If one game is needed to break a tie for a playoff berth between two teams, it will be played on the Monday after the scheduled end to the regular season, hosted by the team that won the season series against the other. That applies to determining a division championship whether or not the losing team would still qualify as a Wild Card.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiebreakers
That last part is no longer true with the Wild Card game.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the old scenario, before the second wild card was added. See the following from MLB.com. It's dated last year, but I don't think anything has changed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Playoff tiebreaker rules

If one game is needed to break a tie for a playoff berth between two teams, it will be played on the Monday after the scheduled end to the regular season, hosted by the team that won the season series against the other. That applies to determining a division championship whether or not the losing team would still qualify as a Wild Card.

That last part is no longer true with the Wild Card game.

So there we are. Back to potentially four games, vs four different opponents in four different cities across five days. Brutal.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playoff tiebreaker rules

mines from 8/3/17 so which one is the liar and i heard its on the internet it must be true:suds:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there we are. Back to potentially four games, vs four different opponents in four different cities across five days. Brutal.

AND, if the above scenario played out, the Wild Card Game winner would get a 5-game series against a rested and set Indians team as their reward.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone remind the Dodgers it isn't October yet

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1