• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 06/13/17: 2014 redux

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I trust you don't always pass them?

drink local, gotta support the neighborhood :suds:

on the glass half full side, thats was the last of my games until late july. travelling on vacation until then so i won't have to watch this mess. hopefully by then they'll have gotten better or at the very least more interesting...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gearrin is supposed to be the middle-inning fireman on this team. If he can't do that, he has no place.

This season is lost.

Might as well give him every opportunity this year to get over this issue. If he fails, no harm. If he succeeds, we have a bully arm for next year. Might as well give him the season to do his thing.

Unless they want to see Gregorio, Reynolds, Rogers, Crick, etc...

The Giants HAVE to call Gregorio up at some point this season and see what they have in him. He's out of options next year. He'd have minimal trade value as a young player with no options, but he would certainly be grabbed off waivers if someone tried to snag him. Gearrin's 1 ERA is his only shield at this point. And it's not likely to hold up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Gearrin can NOT be brought in with runners on. Of his 19 inherited runners, he has allowed 12 to score! That's awful! Bring him in on a clean inning, but he is kerosene on a fire with runners on. Blach did not pitch all that well, but he pitched better than his line now shows.

And, of course, whenever the Giants score a bunch of runs one game, their bats go dead for the next few games. :L

This always ticks me off. Bring in an actual reliever in this situation. It's basically a "save" situation. Another reason I hate bullpen pecking orders.