• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 04/18/17 2014 rematch

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably should have put an over/under on "regular" Giants LFers in Spring Training.

Retroactively counting Parker and Marrero as 2... it's probably like 5.5 right?
Didn't Hill get a start out there as well, already? And Gorkys?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Hill get a start out there as well, already? And Gorkys?

Well yes, but I consider those guys as utility players.

Which, by the way, can we jettison Hill as well and call up Hwang soon? I could give a rats ass that Hill backs up Panik at 2nd, have Nunez cover for him on off days

edit: and Gorkys has been an absolute garbage fire, but idk who you replace him with yet. Upton?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which, by the way, can we jettison Hill as well and call up Hwang soon? I could give a rats ass that Hill backs up Panik at 2nd, have Nunez cover for him on off days

edit: and Gorkys has been an absolute garbage fire, but idk who you replace him with yet. Upton?
SSS on Gorkys. He is Blanco+, IMHO.

And why couldn't Hwang back up Panik? Wasn't he a 2B in Korea?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all in favor of taking a look at Hwang. Play him at 3B and have Nunez shuffle all over as a super sub. His D at 3B, while not horrible, does not appear to be starting level good.

After that, trade SOMEONE (Nunez is the obvious target) and call up Arroyo. Hopefully Nunez would be able to return a decent prospect package or a nice reliever or two.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSS on Gorkys. He is Blanco+, IMHO.

And why couldn't Hwang back up Panik? Wasn't he a 2B in Korea?

I implore you to take another look at Hernandez's numbers. I disagree, SSS be damned. I'm just not seeing it.

And no Hwang is limited to 3B, LF and 1B. He was a SS/3B in Korea.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome, awesome game tonight.

I heart Cainer.

Oh, and Marrero is the suck. Get Arroyo/Hwang up here STAT.

I am all in favor of taking a look at Hwang. Play him at 3B and have Nunez shuffle all over as a super sub. His D at 3B, while not horrible, does not appear to be starting level good.

After that, trade SOMEONE (Nunez is the obvious target) and call up Arroyo. Hopefully Nunez would be able to return a decent prospect package or a nice reliever or two.

I implore you to take another look at Hernandez's numbers. I disagree, SSS be damned. I'm just not seeing it.

And no Hwang is limited to 3B, LF and 1B. He was a SS/3B in Korea.

Patience, people, patience. Give Marrero, Hill and Hernandez at least 10 more days before its time to let them go. Besides, no one is really tearing it up in Sacramento yet, outside of Arroyo and Austin Slater. I'd prefer they get a little more time in AAA before being recalled.