• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

“We got our quarterback,”

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We got our quarterback,” Says Sanders.

I am going to hold my water but I do feel some what better about Keenum .

Here is all the fluff .
“It’s going to mean a win,” Sanders said Sunday. “It’s trying to place those explosive players. That’s what we need. You’ve got to be able to execute. We know that we’re going to have a good defense. Offensively, we can pick it up or we can carry our own weight and just keep flying under the radar, which I like. I feel like we’re going to be all right.”

Should Keenum and his receivers find a way to connect on some of those long plays, it would go a long way toward keeping the receivers satisfied.

If that means being a little selfish along the way, that’s fine with Head Coach Vance Joseph.

“It’s fun to see those guys make plays down the field,” Joseph said. “For a receiver, they want to make plays—‘10’ [Sanders] especially. He wants the ball every play. He wants to make big plays, and that’s a good thing. I want those guys to be a little selfish when it comes to that.”

When Sanders heard that comment Sunday, he responded with a smile.

“As long as I’m touching the ball, it keeps me happy,” Sanders said. “So right now, I’m touching the ball and having fun out there.”

So far, Keenum seems to be doing his part to make sure that continues.

And while Sanders and the receivers will have plenty of questions to answer during the remainder of training camp and the preseason, they no longer face the onslaught of quarterback-related queries.

“We got our quarterback,” Sanders said. “That’s one question that we can check off. We got our quarterback. And it’s all about putting that work in when we’ve got a guy that’s the leader of this football team and who wants to be the leader of this team. He’s a veteran quarterback and he’s out there making all off the — I’m not going to say all of the right reads — but he’s making the right reads for sure.

“He’s spreading the ball around and it’s fun.”

If the long completions continue, the fun shouldn’t stop any time soon.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sanders is right. How many explosive plays did Keenum have last year?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything has got to be better than the Siemian/Lynch/Osweiller combo of 2017.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sanders is right. How many explosive plays did Keenum have last year?

No idea, but quite a few. He does throw a few more jump balls than I like, whether by design or not. At least with SST, he's got the receivers to catch them.