• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

“Mutiny” may have been a factor in Pollard release

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?Mutiny? may have been a factor in Pollard release | ProFootballTalk

More specifically, we’re now getting the clear impression that last year’s incident that, as reported by Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, was “practically a mutiny,” has contributed to the departure of Pollard — and could result in more players being purged.

And he’s where it gets really interesting. (Or at least less uninteresting.) Silver specifically mentioned Pollard and Ed Reed as instigators of the mutiny.

Coincidentally, we’re now getting indications that the Ravens don’t want Reed back.

Lol.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were they mutinying over?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were they mutinying over?

John Harbaugh kept Ravens on track despite near 'mutiny' at meeting in October

Practicing in pads did not go over well with some of Baltimore's other veterans, including safeties Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard, and several of them openly challenged Harbaugh's edict. Rather than squashing the mini-uprising, the coach welcomed the dialogue and solicited additional criticism. Soon, the meeting turned surreal, as the subject shifted to Harbaugh's treatment of his players and perceived mood swings.

John Harbaugh celebrates after his team defeated the Chargers. (AP)
"It was practically a mutiny," one Ravens player recalled. "It came very close to getting out of control. But the way Coach Harbaugh handled it was amazing. He let people have their say, and he listened, and he explained himself, and pretty soon it was like a big group-therapy session. In the end, a lot of positive things were said. We didn't practice in pads, but we came out of there stronger as a group."

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practicing in pads?!!!!!
John Harbaugh should get the Sean Payton suspension for that!!!!!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl champs so all those players can kiss Harbaughs ass now.

StateoftheSport.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stories like this make me laugh. I remember playing in pads everyday but right before game day in high school and college. There were occasions where the day before a game we would suit up too.

These players are forgetting the fact that they are just that players. I believe that it is a good thing to have conversations like this at the professional level, but express your concern and the do your job. Suit up, shut up, and play.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All harbaugh are smart.
You should never doubt a harbaugh!!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading this thinking I must have hopped in the Delorian and gunned it to 88 in my sleep last night.

WTF is the point

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl champs so all those players can kiss Harbaughs ass now.

Flacco was more instrumental in the SB title and didn't they also get a somewhat fortunate win against a weenie armed Peyton and the Broncos that year? That said, John Harbaugh is the tits. Never understood the unnecessary fawning over Jim who's a good HC, but
John is better.