• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024 free agents

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, here are 35 Bears players set to become free agents in 2025:

Honestly, I never even heard of half these guys, had no idea they're on the Bears. Some of the bigger names are definitely worth extending, but for the most part a large majority of them are expendable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once Odunze was selected, it's become quite natural to wonder if Keenan Allen will get extended or simply be a one year rental:

This article doesn't draw any conclusions with respect to the outcome, but this one line pisses me off and is NOT correct:

The Bears want to see how Allen plays in Chicago first before handing him a lucrative deal. However, should the Bears and Allen fail to get something done, it will undoubtedly be chalked up as a failure for the Bears, who traded a draft pick to acquire him.

That's plain bullshit. Even if Allen ends up as a rental, there's no way it would make it a failure for the Bears - of course, it's assuming he doesn't spend most of the year on IR. But a productive Allen, even for one year, would very much be worth a 4th round pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a Ngakuoe signing on the horizon?

It's not like he's not working out just to impress the Bears only. But he is familiar with the scheme, knows most of the players, and would likely have the easiest adjustment coming off his injury by suiting up for the Bears. I'm gonna continue hanging onto the theory that Poles didn't make pass rusher a priority in this draft because he's aware of next year's crop and plans to strike then with one of his high picks. Ngakoue or any other remaining FA Edge can perfectly serve as a one year stopgap.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, here are 35 Bears players set to become free agents in 2025:

Honestly, I never even heard of half these guys, had no idea they're on the Bears. Some of the bigger names are definitely worth extending, but for the most part a large majority of them are expendable.
2024 for them is a tryout.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once Odunze was selected, it's become quite natural to wonder if Keenan Allen will get extended or simply be a one year rental:

This article doesn't draw any conclusions with respect to the outcome, but this one line pisses me off and is NOT correct:

The Bears want to see how Allen plays in Chicago first before handing him a lucrative deal. However, should the Bears and Allen fail to get something done, it will undoubtedly be chalked up as a failure for the Bears, who traded a draft pick to acquire him.

That's plain bullshit. Even if Allen ends up as a rental, there's no way it would make it a failure for the Bears - of course, it's assuming he doesn't spend most of the year on IR. But a productive Allen, even for one year, would very much be worth a 4th round pick.
Our 4th rounder did turn into WR Javon Baker who I do like but overall I think the trade gave us flexibility going into the draft. We needed to build up the WR room and there was no guarantee that Oduze falls to #9. If Oduze falls off the board before #9, with Allen we can comfortable take BPA like Latu, Turner, etc. Without Allen, we are probably reaching for the next WR.

Now that we have Odunze, we now have flexibility in extending Allen or not because now we have our future 1,2 duo in Moore and Odunze.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports Chicago lists 5 FAs who should be considered for adding to the roster:

Ngakoue is on just about everyone's radar. The only other name that intrigues me here is Phil Haynes, guard.

Haynes has dealt with numerous injuries throughout his five-year career, so he likely wouldn’t be called upon to start for the Bears. But he could still accomplish two goals for the Bears: 1) increase competition for depth spots on the interior, and 2) help teach new offensive coordinator Shane Waldron’s scheme and verbiage. Haynes worked under Waldron for the last three seasons in Seattle.

That direct experience could carry some value.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports Chicago lists 5 FAs who should be considered for adding to the roster:

Ngakoue is on just about everyone's radar. The only other name that intrigues me here is Phil Haynes, guard.

Haynes has dealt with numerous injuries throughout his five-year career, so he likely wouldn’t be called upon to start for the Bears. But he could still accomplish two goals for the Bears: 1) increase competition for depth spots on the interior, and 2) help teach new offensive coordinator Shane Waldron’s scheme and verbiage. Haynes worked under Waldron for the last three seasons in Seattle.

That direct experience could carry some value.

If Ngakoue is healthy then I'm pretty sure he's a Bear.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would somewhat disappointing if we only get to have Allen for a season. I absolutely adore the idea of CW coming and growing along side of Odunze. What makes this an over the moon scenario is that he (and Odunze, for that matter) also get to have high quality veteran mentorship from high quality character/performers/pros in Allen, Moore, and Kmet.

Allen is a pro's pro and his route running/field intelligence is second to none. You saw when he showed up to CW's pro day - he really cares. I love the guy already.

I want Keenan here, even if he begins to fall off a little bit performance wise. Simply because he's a veteran you want to have around and win with. I would love to be the spot where Keenan Allen wins a Super Bowl. Even if its when he's a role player a few years down the road.

But that said... a year of a healthy-ish/productive Keenan Allen playing at a high level? That's in zero way a failure for a 4th round pick.