• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs at Warriors

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who here thought that it was possible for the Warriors to be 2-0 this season? I sure as heck didn't. But here they are, sitting atop the Pacific Division at 2-0 after dropping the Spurs 112-108.

This game was much more difficult than opening night against the Lakers and if it weren't for the sudden emergence of Dorrell Wright off the bench slowing down Ginobili defensively and torching him offensively, I don't think the Warriors would have been able to pull the game out in the fourth quarter.

It's hard trying to slow down Duncan, DeJuan Blair and the suddenly potent Tiago Splitter, but Jackson did a great job using Biedrins, Udoh and Louis Admunson at the same time on the floor for small spurts. It definitely linited the team's offense, but with Monta and Klay Thompson as the two guards on the floor, Golden State was able to spread the defense enough to give Biedrins a chance to work his recently re-discovered offensive touch down low. I was most excited, though, to see Jeremy Tyler come in and get minutes when Biedrins needed a breather. That kid can flat out ball and he is going to be hard to keep off the floor if he keeps playing like he did last night.

avi Lee was his same old self, getting his points down low and letting Blair get his points at will. If Lee ever tried to play defense, he could almost justify his excessive contract. At least he's earning the offensive half of his salary.

Of course, no conversation would be complete unless we talked about Curry's 12 points and 22 assists. That kid was a witch with the ball in his hands last night. He scored just often enough to keep the defense honest and then exploited San Antonio's aging players time and time again. I'm only 6-foot-1 and I am pretty sure I could have scored 10 points int he paint if I were getting assists like that from Curry. I don't know what Jackson did with Curry during training camp, but whatever he did, I hope like hell that he keeps doing it. Curry was a completely different player last night - finally looking for the pass before the shot and giving the Warriors a true point guard for the first time since Baron left.

I am really excited to see what happens when the Pistons come to town tomorrow night. Mark Jackson has so many different lineups he can use that I don't see how the revamped Pistons are going to keep things close.

Go Warriors!!

***Just a friendly reminder that this message was sent from an alternate universe where owners and players are not being greedy d!ckheads and the league is going strong. Updates will come from this alternate universe as needed until our NBA returns.