• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game On!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait! Ellis for Batum and Matthews is the deal I'm waiting for.
Get er done!
:tea:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another possible trade for Ellis could be to the Bulls. I remember this deal being talked about last season, then I just seen it on Bleacher Report (not that credible). They were talking about the deal being centered around Deng, I'm hoping we can get Noah. The Bulls are reportedly high on their backup center (Omer Asik). Noah and Ronnie Brewer for Ellis and filler (if needed) would be a great deal for us. Brewer would be able to play the 2 with the size and defensive intensity we need. Noah would give us a legit all around NBA center.

Curry, Brewer, Wright, Lee and Noah starting

Klay, Udoh, Tyler, Admundson, Lin off bench

Solid squad that would playteam ball.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another possible trade for Ellis could be to the Bulls. I remember this deal being talked about last season, then I just seen it on Bleacher Report (not that credible). They were talking about the deal being centered around Deng, I'm hoping we can get Noah. The Bulls are reportedly high on their backup center (Omer Asik). Noah and Ronnie Brewer for Ellis and filler (if needed) would be a great deal for us. Brewer would be able to play the 2 with the size and defensive intensity we need. Noah would give us a legit all around NBA center.

Curry, Brewer, Wright, Lee and Noah starting

Klay, Udoh, Tyler, Admundson, Lin off bench

Solid squad that would playteam ball.

The problem with acquiring Noah is that Asik is a solid backup, but isn't good enough to log starter's minutes. Plus, the Bulls' starting PF is Carlos Boozer and that guy is an injury waiting to happen. Right now, the Bulls' big men are Noah, Asik, Boozer, and Taj Gibson. Translation: They are short in the tall department. When Boozer goes down with an injury (notice I said when, not if) the Bulls are going to need all three of Noah, Gibson and Asik to pull the weight in the front court. The Bulls did not draft a big man and have no room under the cap to sign anyone with anything more than the mid-level, so even if they try to find another player in the FA market, that player will not be a major contributor.

As sweet as it would be to have Noah, there's no way the Bulls trade him for Monta Ellis.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So agents and teams can start talking 9AM on Wednesday. Contracts can't be offered and nothing signed until after Dec. 9th. Facilities are open for player organized activities on starting Thursday. WOO HOO!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cam: What do you think the W's do this offseason?

Any chance Beans is bought out? What are our chances in landing one of the big men free agents? (Nene, Dalembert, Jordan...)

I finally got the bug again for NBA basketball, and am cautiously optimistic the Warriors are moving in the right direction? Am I delusional?!? :)

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rusty Simmons (you guys already mentioned this more or less in other threads): "Unless Golden State sends David Lee ($11.6 million) or Biedrins off, the team isn't getting Chandler, Gasol or Nene."

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Cam: What do you think the W's do this offseason?

Any chance Beans is bought out? What are our chances in landing one of the big men free agents? (Nene, Dalembert, Jordan...)

I finally got the bug again for NBA basketball, and am cautiously optimistic the Warriors are moving in the right direction? Am I delusional?!? :)

Colin - As you quoted from Rusty Simmons below, I don't think the Warriors are getting a top FA big man. There is speculation that they could amnesty Charlie Bell to clear another $4 mil from payroll, but even then, it would only give the Warriors just enough cap space to give a center a deal that starts around $9 mil per. Plus, the W's only have 10 men under contract right now. It will be 13 once they get Thompson, Tyler and Jenkins signed. If they amnesty Bell and use his $4 mil per to go after a guy like Nene, it will put the Warriors up near the cap with only 13 guys under contract. If injury hits the team, they will not have the cap space to add anything more than a journeyman to fill the injury spot.

Most likely, I believe the front office will approach a guy like David West and see if he is willing to take $7 mil in the first year to come in. I think they will avoid the big name big men because all will have price tags that are just too high for the Warriors' budget.

As for other moves, I think that the front office right now is trying its hardest to trade Monta for the best package they can get for him. I think they see Curry as the PG and Thompson as the SG of the future. D Wright is the SF with Reggie Williams able to back up either the SG or SF spot and Jenkins there as a PG/SG backup. Also if Lin has made any progress, he will be the backup point. If the Warriors front office can package Ellis and Udoh or Ellis and Beans for a decent center, they will do it. But I don't think Ellis has the value to other teams that he has to the Warriors so getting anything decent for him will be difficult.

There are rumors that the Warriors have are interested in Brandon Roy if the Blazers send him away via amnesty. But given time to think about that situation, I don't see Golden State committing enough cap room to be able to win the bid for him when he is sent packing.

From Rusty Simmons (you guys already mentioned this more or less in other threads): "Unless Golden State sends David Lee ($11.6 million) or Biedrins off, the team isn't getting Chandler, Gasol or Nene."

The Warriors are not getting Gasol. Period. Memphis has already said they will match any offer he receives and because he is their free agent, they can match any offer and even give him more. He is staying with the Grizz.

Chandler plays for Mark Cuban and the deep-pocket Mavericks. If Cuban wants Chandler back, he's not going anywhere.

Nene I think is a possibility, but only if he accepts less than max or if the front office grows some stones and sends Lee away on an amnesty deal. Neither is probable, but the former is more likely than the latter. Lacob just has too much of a hard-on for _avi_ Lee so he's not going anywhere.

All that being said, I think Golden State will be better than we expect this year and I think it will be a direct result of Mark Jackson's presence on the bench. The players tuned out Nellie before the end of the 2009-10 season and I don't think they ever really respected Smart. Mark Jackson was an All-Star guard and a team leader who will push his players to be the best they can, as individuals and more importantly as a team. If guys play selfish or do not embrace the team-first concept on both sides of the ball, I fully believe that player will be riding the pine in favor of a player who will. By the end of the season, I think the Warriors will be contending for a playoff spot.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam_amick Sam Amick
Source says Indiana, New Orleans, G. State and Washington have all expressed interest in former Hornets forward/2-time All-Star David West.
4 hours ago

Cam is on to something.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or not

I'm told the same RT @sam_amickSamSource says #GSW should be deleted from the David West list. Make that New Orleans, Indy and Washington

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or not

I'm told the same RT @sam_amickSamSource says #GSW should be deleted from the David West list. Make that New Orleans, Indy and Washington

Oh well. I thought maybe West would slip in under the radar and the Warriors would be able to get him for a reasonable amount. He's an impressive player but has never really received the credit for his abilities.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh well. I thought maybe West would slip in under the radar and the Warriors would be able to get him for a reasonable amount. He's an impressive player but has never really received the credit for his abilities.

first of all, nice to see you here after the debacle that was the ESPN boards.. second, wouldn't we have to trade/amnesty lee for west to fit, skill wise? i'm all for the latter, but it seems tough. as i said, welcome to the SportsHoopla, and i can't wait for the free agent frenzy to start up again.