• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CP3 to the Bay

KingJeglum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is from ESPN insider, John Hollinger article...

Chris Paul, Trevor Ariza and Jarrett Jack to Golden State for Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson, Ekpe Udoh and Dorell Wright. Would CP consider Golden State? The Bay Area is the nation's fourth-largest market and has drawn huge crowds to see awful teams for the past two decades. He'd get to play with a great pick-and-roll finisher in David Lee and stay with his best buddy Jack, and he joins some solid role players on a franchise that is both willing to spend and in a good financial position to do so. Sadly, including Udoh in the deal means we'll never get to see how many times a game CP could hit him in the head with a pass. This deal would leave the Warriors a bit shorthanded on the wings, especially if Reggie Williams walks. But using the amnesty on either Charlie Bell or Andris Biedrins and topping it off with the "under-cap" MLE should allow them to fill those spots relatively easily; they won't be lacking for volunteers to play with CP, that's for sure. From New Orleans' end, what's nice about this deal is that it's not a "give-up" strategy -- the Hornets would still have a real team, and a fairly young one at that. The only drawback is that the Warriors can't put any enticing draft picks into the deal because they already owe a future first to New Jersey from the horrendous Marcus Williams trade a couple years ago. Their past two first-rounders -- Thompson and Udoh -- are the best they can do.

I got this from GSoM so props to them for the hook up.

This trade should be considered a joke, I hardly believe Ariza and Jack are anything more than fill ins to match salary.

Is the upgrade from Curry to CP3 worth losing Ellis, Udoh, Klay, and Wright? Not in this lifetime even on a sign and trade.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
:rofl:

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i believe curry plus lee [if the hornets lose west, especially] would be enough to get cp3. selling the farm for a thoroughbred, as hollinger proposes, however, is foolish and cp3 would not come to a gutted team.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets like Curry and Thompson according to Roto but the talks are dead because the Warriors want Paul instead of being the third team in a trade. This leaves the Clippers as the leader in the clubhouse. If we land Chandler I wonder if Paul asks to be traded to us.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hornets like Curry and Thompson according to Roto but the talks are dead because the Warriors want Paul instead of being the third team in a trade. This leaves the Clippers as the leader in the clubhouse. If we land Chandler I wonder if Paul asks to be traded to us.

If this happens, it shows you how little the owners actually accomplished with the lockout, other than getting their $. A big point of this, from their perspective, was to take away the ability of the stars to determine where they would go.

Of course, if we're the beneficiary, I'm all for it!

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm not even a fan of curry or alien elllis(that undersized greedy little martian)

but cp3 is an overrated fatass who hasn't been the same since the torn meniscus (a fat mans injury)

continue the rebuild, get a real 2 guard and quit foolishly passin on talents like derozan and ed davis for dogshit like udoh

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm not even a fan of curry or alien elllis(that undersized greedy little martian)

but cp3 is an overrated fatass who hasn't been the same since the torn meniscus (a fat mans injury)

continue the rebuild, get a real 2 guard and quit foolishly passin on talents like derozan and ed davis for dogshit like udoh

How is Toronto doing these days? But I digress.....

The Warriors chose Curry over DeRozan in 2009 - can't complain about that one. Udoh wasn't in the draft that year, so that's an invalid statement.

But yeah..... we absolutely should have taken Greg Monroe when he was available, instead of Udoh. Maybe Udoh surprises us this year, but no doubt that Monroe is more complete, and Davis definitely has a lot more upside.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How is Toronto doing these days? But I digress.....

The Warriors chose Curry over DeRozan in 2009 - can't complain about that one. Udoh wasn't in the draft that year, so that's an invalid statement.

But yeah..... we absolutely should have taken Greg Monroe when he was available, instead of Udoh. Maybe Udoh surprises us this year, but no doubt that Monroe is more complete, and Davis definitely has a lot more upside.

davis will shit on that big slow goof monroe, davis was who you guys needed specially since you drafted udoh to be a shotblocker. As for curry, he aint bad but he's similar alien and DD will be only other player in that draft to get to griffins level. you needed a 2guard in 09 and you still need one, tell me derozan wouldn't be nice when he's dropping 20+ this season as stern riggs in a whole new era

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davis will shit on that big slow goof monroe, davis was who you guys needed specially since you drafted udoh to be a shotblocker. As for curry, he aint bad but he's similar alien and DD will be only other player in that draft to get to griffins level. you needed a 2guard in 09 and you still need one, tell me derozan wouldn't be nice when he's dropping 20+ this season as stern riggs in a whole new era

I have to argue about Davis, Monroe and Udoh. I think Udoh is the best defensive player of the three. I think if Udoh is put in the right situation he could be more valuable than the others. A situation where he's in for his defense, as well as given a real chance to display his underrated offensive game.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR: Chris Paul to Golden State Warriors, Monta Ellis + Andris Biedrins + Klay Thompson to New Orleans Hornets - Golden State Of Mind
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/paul_of_confusion_wK1uko3V1atBTgNkbfmHzI
Here we go again. We'd have to trade Curry also, I would imagine,we can't run with a small backcourt like those two. I don't know why I even acknowledged this?
I guess obtaining Paul would help to clear Monta and Biens contracts,even if it was a rental. We'd have plenty of space and Curry could be a good 6th man, and having Paul would be good bait to go after a guy like How...oh man, I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Last edited by a moderator: