• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals vs. Bengals

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss falls on Palmer and the receivers. They have one more week to get on the same page.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss falls on Palmer and the receivers. They have one more week to get on the same page.

This was all on Plamer. The receivers were getting open, Palmer was just missing them. He had an off day.

The Good.....

1. The o-line looked great. Excellent protection the entire first half.
2. Ellington looked strong in the run game.
3. Fitz was Fitz.
4. Receivers were getting open which is a good sign... (now Palmer needs to hit them).
5. The run defense looked strong.
6. The pass rush created some nice pressure from the base D.
7. Larry Foote. He seemed to be in on every play and looked on the run D.
9. Although they gave up some big plays, the secondary had their typical bend but don't break performance which we have become accustomed to seeing. They only allowed 2 field goals against the one's. In addition, the entire defense is based off of schemes which they don't do in preseason.

The Bad......

1. Carson Palmer
2. Carson Palmer
3. Carson Palmer... (need I say more?)
4. Jay Feely?? (who gives a shit. he was cut today)

I was at the game and here is what I saw. He missed Floyd twice for WIDE open TD's on the first drive. He had a couple of really bad reads on the second drive including a WIDE open Housler down the seam which could have gone for a TD. The missed read on the pick 6. Although we don't know if it was Fitz or Palmer who screwed up, I have to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt. With the protection Palmer was getting, there is no excuse for the horrible. He was missing wide open receivers all over the place.

The offense was out of sync all day. We saw in the first two games what they are capable of so I am not too concerned. I think we are going to see a vast improvement when the team actually starts to game plan.

Bottom line, this is a good team and they will make some noise when it counts.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was all on Plamer. The receivers were getting open, Palmer was just missing them. He had an off day.

The Good.....

1. The o-line looked great. Excellent protection the entire first half.
2. Ellington looked strong in the run game.
3. Fitz was Fitz.
4. Receivers were getting open which is a good sign... (now Palmer needs to hit them).
5. The run defense looked strong.
6. The pass rush created some nice pressure from the base D.
7. Larry Foote. He seemed to be in on every play and looked on the run D.
9. Although they gave up some big plays, the secondary had their typical bend but don't break performance which we have become accustomed to seeing. They only allowed 2 field goals against the one's. In addition, the entire defense is based off of schemes which they don't do in preseason.

The Bad......

1. Carson Palmer
2. Carson Palmer
3. Carson Palmer... (need I say more?)
4. Jay Feely?? (who gives a shit. he was cut today)

I was at the game and here is what I saw. He missed Floyd twice for WIDE open TD's on the first drive. He had a couple of really bad reads on the second drive including a WIDE open Housler down the seam which could have gone for a TD. The missed read on the pick 6. Although we don't know if it was Fitz or Palmer who screwed up, I have to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt. With the protection Palmer was getting, there is no excuse for the horrible. He was missing wide open receivers all over the place.

The offense was out of sync all day. We saw in the first two games what they are capable of so I am not too concerned. I think we are going to see a vast improvement when the team actually starts to game plan.

Bottom line, this is a good team and they will make some noise when it counts.

The 2 to Floyd were mostly not Palmer's fault. On the first one, Floyd was bumped and slowed him down enough to be just short of catching the ball in the end zone. The other was Floyd slowed down for some reason and the ball was over thrown. Yea, Palmer's throw wasn't the best on that play, but if Floyd didn't slow down, I think he would have had a better chance on catching it.

I am just getting tired of Carson forcing the ball into Fitz. He needs to just throw it to the open man and not try to give Fitz the stats he wants. He is going to make himself look bad and lose games because of it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why Dalton is getting ragged on so much. He had over 60% completion percent, threw for nearly 160 yards in a half against a good secondary of the Cardinals and a really good defense in general. The Bengals offense had to start inside their own ten 4 times in the first half, and the running game surely was not helping Dalton any, along with the added pressure. During this entire time where it seemed the odds were stacked against Dalton, he didn't make any critical errors like Palmer did.

I do think the penalties are out of hand this year in the league. They needed to let both defenses play a little more instead of being so quick to call penalties. A couple penalties needed to be called against both teams that were not, and then there was a plethora of calls that did get called against both teams that should have come down to, just let them play it out. I do not like the increased number of penalties this year, it is going to make the game longer and give offenses too many automatic 1st downs. Games lasting 3.5 to 4 hours in regulation and scores combined into the 70-80 range nearly every week is not football in my opinion. Need to let defenses play a little bit, but not so much it influences the outcome of the game.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game Crash? A 60% completion clip means nothing if you're missing open receivers. You can't continue to squander opportunities and fall back on the '60%,' especially when you're not putting points on the board, which Dalton struggled to do.

The Cardinals showed how easy it is to make our offense 1 dimensional or non-existent: Continuously pressure Dalton.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game Crash? A 60% completion clip means nothing if you're missing open receivers. You can't continue to squander opportunities and fall back on the '60%,' especially when you're not putting points on the board, which Dalton struggled to do.

The Cardinals showed how easy it is to make our offense 1 dimensional or non-existent: Continuously pressure Dalton.

How many wide open WR did Dalton miss? 1? The only one I really remember is the one where Green was in the flat, alone and Dalton put a little zip on it, it floated a little bit, but AJ Green DUCKED when the ball got near him. He probably thought it had too much zip to actually be going to him, but it was intended for him.

I remember some good plays by the Arizona secondary, but not any WR's missed except the Green pass. I will be happy to know of more if you can point them out, as I am only remembering that one. My memory is not what it used to be, so I encourage you to add to that list.

Plus, 60% is not that bad when considering the Cardinals defense did such a good job stuffing the screens and running game forcing us to throw on 3rd and long many times in the 1st half. Hard to throw for better than 60% when the defense is 100% sure you are passing and have the personnel on the field to help counter that.

Also, any offense will struggle to put points on the board when you start inside your own 10 yard line 4 times in one half.

In 3 preseason games that encompass less than 1 full game for the starters, our first team has outscored the opposition 40-9 and Dalton has a 116 QBR. Not exactly sure where all the negativity is coming from other than you not being a Bengals fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 to Floyd were mostly not Palmer's fault. On the first one, Floyd was bumped and slowed him down enough to be just short of catching the ball in the end zone. The other was Floyd slowed down for some reason and the ball was over thrown. Yea, Palmer's throw wasn't the best on that play, but if Floyd didn't slow down, I think he would have had a better chance on catching it.

I am just getting tired of Carson forcing the ball into Fitz. He needs to just throw it to the open man and not try to give Fitz the stats he wants. He is going to make himself look bad and lose games because of it.

I didn't see the live feed so I missed Floyd getting slowed down. In addition, I heard the pick 6 was on Fitz not Palmer.

Either way, I am not worried at all about the offense. They will be fine.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still freaked out about Palmer decision making and hope that feeling goes away when they play the Monday night game.