• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Birds Nest game

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to draft a QB something fierce. Your D came to play at least and if not for a few Russel Wilson Miracle throws might have been a close game.

Agreed. We would not have a chance at the top 2 quarterbacks in college football figuring we will likely win 5-6 games this season. I would like to start tanking in two years so that we can get jameis Winston. That kid is the real deal!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three touchdowns?!?! No problem for the almighty Carson Palmer! His TDs will outnumber the interceptions!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals have a lot of good players and they're competitive. The O-Line still needs help.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was close just got the teams mixed up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys. Your defense came to play. Next week looks like a winnable game.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a pathetic showing by the offense! The defense is the only reason why this team isn't 1-6 or 2-5.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really sucks is by the time we find some type of viable offense, our defense will need a shot in the arm. We need to get things figured out in the next year or two.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wasn't as good as usual. Short week prob didn't help. Palmers numbers deceptive...almost all in garbage time aka the entire 4th quarter.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is exactly what I thought it would be...we are a 6 win football team that is improving, and will compete, however we don't have enough horses to continually win tougher games.

We are still about 2 years away...

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the love for Mendenhall. Is Ryan Williams that much in the dog house that he can't take a few carries away from this guy? I don't think Ellington is the type of back that can be the feature back, but he could get more carries. I just don't see it. The Cardinals need Cooper back, get a stud LT and a QB. I really believe they are 2 players away from being good. LT and QB.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellington had 3 carries for 3 yards last night while Mendenhall had 13 carries for 22 yards (and a TD). Ellington isn't a feature back, but he needs to be utilized more than that. Mendenhall really hasn't done much to warrant significantly more carries than Ellington this season.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellington had 3 carries for 3 yards last night while Mendenhall had 13 carries for 22 yards (and a TD). Ellington isn't a feature back, but he needs to be utilized more than that. Mendenhall really hasn't done much to warrant significantly more carries than Ellington this season.

Ellington seems to get carries that go into the stats are receptions. Screen passes and stuff like that. So 3 carries is deceiving. That being said, I agree. He should touch the ball more. What is the deal with Williams? Is he not healthy? Does Arians just not like the guy? Or does he just suck and can't get on the field? I thought he should some promise early in the year last year before he got hurt. Outside of the bad fumble against NE, he played okay last year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to just cut Williams if he's healthy and they aren't going to use him. Do we really need five running backs (and zero fullbacks)?

I honestly don't think we can say Ellington isn't a feature back until he's given a chance and I think that he's done enough to earn that chance. He's super fast, has incredibly quick moves, great hands and good instincts. He lacks brute power, but plenty of great feature backs do.

Mendenhall has had some horrible fumbles and how many replays have we seen where he runs and the balls nearly comes out before he miraculously resecures it? Seems like 3-4 per game. He has been good at times on very short yardage, clutch situations. I'd rather see him specialize there and have Ellington get the regular carries.