• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amundson traded for Brandon Rush

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Warriors Definitely Trading Amundson for Brandon Rush

By Marcus Thompson
Saturday, December 17th, 2011 at 11:35 pm in Uncategorized.

UPDATE II: The Warriors are in the process of trading Lou Amundson, according to a team source. A second source confirmed it is for Indiana Pacers swingman Brandon Rush. Amundson was held out of Saturday’s game vs. Sacramento. It is not official and likely won’t be before Sunday. I’m told its a straight-up trade.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
VERY good deal for the Warriors. Rush may have some attitude issues, but he's a good talent who should get some time at the 2 and 3 for us. Not saying that the W's would be looking to deal either of our starting guards, but if they were, they've now built a very strong bench that could compensate at those positions.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good deal for us. Partly because I'm not an Admundson fan at all, then partly because Rush would be good fire power off the bench, then the main reason that I like is that he'd be a legit 2 guard for Monta to practice his defense against (if we're keeping him).

Also like Chuck said, not saying Monta or anybody like that will be traded, but we look to have put ourselves in position to make a major move that involves a player like Ellis. They seem to really like Thompson.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...don-rush-golden-state-warriors-louis-amundson

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So here's an interesting one.

Has Monta matured and become selfless enough to play PG? Looked awfully good last night. If, the answer is "yes", ask yourself this.

Would you trade Curry + Biedrins for Okafor + Minnesota's (unprotected) #1 + New Orleans #1?

I might consider it. Okafor is a perfect complement for Lee up-front, and we'd move Biedrins' contract.

Both Minnesota and New Orleans are likely to be in the lottery, so we'd go from having no draft picks next year to 2 lottery picks, in what looks to be an outstanding draft year.

We'd probably lose a little bit this year, but that isn't even certain given the upgrade we would have at the center position. And even (assuming) we'd give up our own pick to Utah this year, we'd finally have that albatross off our back, and a very nice set of picks next year.

Kinda have to think about it. If, that is, you think Monta can play PG. We would have a nice set of big SG's in Rush (for at least a year) and Thompson (heir apparent to the position).

And as much as New Orleans/the league wanted Curry, you'd have to think they'd consider it. They'd move Okafor's big contract, so it would be salary-neutral for them in the future (when you add in Curry's salary).

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's an interesting one.

Has Monta matured and become selfless enough to play PG? Looked awfully good last night. If, the answer is "yes", ask yourself this.

Would you trade Curry + Biedrins for Okafor + Minnesota's (unprotected) #1 + New Orleans #1?

I might consider it. Okafor is a perfect complement for Lee up-front, and we'd move Biedrins' contract.

Both Minnesota and New Orleans are likely to be in the lottery, so we'd go from having no draft picks next year to 2 lottery picks, in what looks to be an outstanding draft year.

We'd probably lose a little bit this year, but that isn't even certain given the upgrade we would have at the center position. And even (assuming) we'd give up our own pick to Utah this year, we'd finally have that albatross off our back, and a very nice set of picks next year.

Kinda have to think about it. If, that is, you think Monta can play PG. We would have a nice set of big SG's in Rush (for at least a year) and Thompson (heir apparent to the position).

And as much as New Orleans/the league wanted Curry, you'd have to think they'd consider it. They'd move Okafor's big contract, so it would be salary-neutral for them in the future (when you add in Curry's salary).

Personally I for sure would do it. I really would like for us to have a chance at any pair of Andre Drummond, Jeremy Lamb or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Curry is not going anywhere. There is zero chance that Curry leaves Golden State this season unless a true superstar comes back. The front office is just not going to deal him for draft picks.