• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Boston won all 4 meetings against Florida this year in the regular season. Seemed to dominate them again in Game 1. Could be a different story than last year. That all being said, they dominated Game 1 last year and were up 3-1 last year before blowing that one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas blew a 3-0 first period lead (Very LA Kings-esque) to lose to Colorado 4-3 in OT. I was going to say it surprised me but Dallas got one day rest after Vegas series, so I wouldn't overthink that one. Feel like Dallas is going to still do work on this series. But Colorado made light work of Winnipeg and took Game 1 off Dallas, so maybe I'm wrong.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Cats Bruins, just end to end high intensity action. Completely different from LA games, while I'm a defender at heart it's definitely nice to see some exciting hockey time to time.

Marchand absolutely laid out Tkachuk with a solid check, Panthers extremely lucky it's only 1-0. Sloppy defense allowing Bruins to generate all kinds of chances.

Will be watching the Losers Canucks game with intent at 7pm, I want to see if LA was THAT bad or if Edmonton is THAT good.

Something tells me I already know the answer.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third period was wild in Boston Florida, 10 minute misconducts all over, penalty filled. Swayman hadn't give up more than 2 in the 7 games he played so far and gave up 4 in slightly over 2 periods, Ullmatk replaced him very early in the third and gave up 2 more for a 6-1 loss.

G3 will be interesting, Montour sure seemed like he got away with a bunch of taunting including sticking out his tongue at Marchand probably referring to the lickinf incident of 2018 against Ryan Callahan in 2018. He didn't seem to get penalized much but I would have for sure, egging people on.

Tkachuk being a douche a usual, him and Pastrnak were having words between benches and if you know the code they were basically agreeing on dropping the gloves next shift. Happens and Tkachuk got a solid one in but then with Pastrnak down suckered him 2 more tines which is bush league and typical Tkachuk.

G3 is Friday night but I gave 2 flag games so I'll have to catch a replay but should be very physical. Florida is the real deal for sure.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losers up 4-2 in the third, Canucka with 3 goals in under 5 minutes to take a 5-4 lead. Skinner with 2 shaky ones on goals 4 and 5.

About 4 minutes left, seeing a huge difference between Kings plays and Canuck plays.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an epic collapse by the Oilers, hope the Canucks can keep on rolling. Also hope LA watched a clinic on how to shut down McJesus, I believe he didnt get a SOG for the first time in his PO career and was pretty much invisible all night.

The Canucks abused Draisaitl who clearly is injured with most likely a back from what I saw. He was turning out of their own D zone one particular play and instead of generating speed with crossovers he planted his right skate and pushed off only on his left until his turn was complete. Sounds like a hip flexor or something to me, been there done that and it's uncomfortable and painful. Keep on punishing him.

Leafs fire Sheldon Keefe after not getting out of the QFs for the fourth time in five years. The Shanaplan needs to be scrapped. Sound familiar? Only one difference is TO is concerned about winning so they didn't waste much time, Keefe had 2 years left on a contract extension that would have kicked in next season. Bottom line: they'll eat the money in exchange for winning unlike here in LA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did enjoy that 3rd period collapse by Edmonton and Skinner. Not wishing injury on anyone, but the announcer was like "Edmonton is 23-0-0 when having a two goal lead in the 3rd this year". Proceeds to see two goal lead erased....

Anyway. Skinner got trashed and was pretty much what we all hoped LA would do. Actually test him? What a concept. I said it before the LA series that Edmonton has their number, but you cannot convince me that Edmonton can win a cup with Skinner in net.

Great hockey all around right now. Boston-Florida Game 2 was crazy. High end hockey. Looking forward to Dallas-Colorado Game 2. I think Dallas was tired off that 7 game series against Vegas, so curious to see how they respond. Rangers looking like they might run away over Carolina. Very hard for me to see why Carolina was the far and away betting favorite every round. They are a very solid team, but they lack the high end forward(s) to get big goals. Maybe the best defense core, comparable but probably second only to Vegas, but up front they are missing a legit stud.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did enjoy that 3rd period collapse by Edmonton and Skinner. Not wishing injury on anyone, but the announcer was like "Edmonton is 23-0-0 when having a two goal lead in the 3rd this year". Proceeds to see two goal lead erased....

Anyway. Skinner got trashed and was pretty much what we all hoped LA would do. Actually test him? What a concept. I said it before the LA series that Edmonton has their number, but you cannot convince me that Edmonton can win a cup with Skinner in net.

Great hockey all around right now. Boston-Florida Game 2 was crazy. High end hockey. Looking forward to Dallas-Colorado Game 2. I think Dallas was tired off that 7 game series against Vegas, so curious to see how they respond. Rangers looking like they might run away over Carolina. Very hard for me to see why Carolina was the far and away betting favorite every round. They are a very solid team, but they lack the high end forward(s) to get big goals. Maybe the best defense core, comparable but probably second only to Vegas, but up front they are missing a legit stud.

I dunno, i would love to build a team around Aho and Svetchnikov ( Who on the king Do I take ahead of them, Maybe Kempe but thats close)....they are both beasts in their own way Imo.... I have not watched them in the Ranger series But those two guys usually perform even if the team does not.

Pesce Is going to get a shit ton of money 7m and a long term contract seven years minimum..... He's got a lot of miles on him for the way he plays and going to be Used up before the end of that contract.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at svetchnikov, He seems to miss a lot of time, So I might be off the mark with him.... But when he plays he's pretty darn good.... Scores, Hits, Can win puck battles, Fast.....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Oilers Canucks, I know so many wanted LA to meet up with Vancouver but honestly I don't think they would have lasted 5 games with them either. They've completely turned it up a notch in the playoffs.

Really disheartening to see the teams left and LA would not be able to compete with any of them. Maybe the Bruins, they look pretty uninspired too even with Marchand who missed the game today. The winning mentality, chops and DNA is simply not in this version of LA unfortunately.

I am however enjoying watching the Oilers getting frustrated, Canucks playing toe to toe if not better most of the time. Kane just got dumped into the bench, Zadorov wasn't messing around and Kane is smiling thinking they got a PP but the Loser bench was called for roughing negating it. Great seeing that grin disappear off his mug.

And Skinner sucks. Still.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like seeing how Canucks don't care who's name is on the back of the jersey and going right after McDavid. Probably see a fine or suspension with the incident at the end of the game, but they weren't going to take that crap from him with the cheap slash.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much what we all hoped LA would do. They hit everybody on Edmonton all the time. Pressure the puck. Absolutely abusing the defensive pairing of Ceci-Nurse. Skinner still with his sub .880 save percentage. Nothing has changed, honestly. Edmonton was 2 for 2 on the power play and the game was sitting at 3-2 Vancouver for a bit. Vancouver dominating 5 on 5 play. Edmonton was never for real, and the Kings are just a bad team. Kings division of Anaheim, San Jose, (Coyotes), and Seattle help inflate their record.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toronto exit interviews and this is saying Leafs looking at Craig Berube and Todd McLellan as coaches. I feel like all sorts are bad. NHL has tombe putting their name in the hat for league with most recycling of coaches. That being said, Berube and Brind'amour would be nice change of pace for LA.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBD Would be an outstanding choice, But he's not going anywhere.... If he does toronto is paying more than everybody to get him.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird feeling Brindamour ends up in Seattle. Just a gut feeling.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like seeing how Canucks don't care who's name is on the back of the jersey and going right after McDavid. Probably see a fine or suspension with the incident at the end of the game, but they weren't going to take that crap from him with the cheap slash.

Zadorov fined maximum $5000 for his cross check, Soucy hearing TBD. Hope he isn't suspended but being The Golden Child who knows what DOPS will dish out. That play happens frequently in hockey and McDavid did slash him.

Seeing McJesus fold in half like a beach chair was rad.