• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a little disingenuous. Murray was getting wide-open shots all game based on the Wolves reacting to Jokic in the paint. MPJ was the major recipient of the Jokic effect against the Lakers. Jokic is the driving force of that team, other than game 5 he can't do it alone, he needs his teammates to capitalize on the opportunities he creates for them.
Great players are expected to carry their team in those moments. Jokic can’t take over. His impact is based on his teammates ability to play well. That’s why he needs an 8 seed, 4 seed, 7 seed, 8 seed miracle to win a championship

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great players are expected to carry their team in those moments. Jokic can’t take over. His impact is based on his teammates ability to play well. That’s why he needs an 8 seed, 4 seed, 7 seed, 8 seed miracle to win a championship
No player can win it alone, he put up 34/19/7 in that game. At multiple points in this series people wanted players benched permanently based solely on how bad Jokic was outplaying them.

Wolves won that game because when Ant struggled the entire team stepped up and picked up that slack. Jokics entire team let him down. I get Jokic is an advanced stat darling and you don't like it, but it does not diminish everything he does to impact winning for his team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player can win it alone, he put up 34/19/7 in that game. At multiple points in this series people wanted players benched permanently based solely on how bad Jokic was outplaying them.
The numbers that matter - 14 and 23. That’s the points the Nuggets offense scored in the 3rd and 4th quarters. All season everybody said that Jokic is amazing and that he’s the whole offense blah blah blah. Welp…good with bad. The offense fell apart. He can’t be responsible for all the good and not all of the bad.
Wolves won that game because when Ant struggled the entire team stepped up and picked up that slack. Jokics entire team let him down. I get Jokic is an advanced stat darling and you don't like it, but it does not diminish everything he does to impact winning for his team.
When the basketball gods hand him an 8 seed, 4 seed, 7 seed and 8 seed.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Doesn’t mean much of anything. People west of the Mississippi really aren’t sports fans.
Tell me you've never lived west of the Mississippi with out saying it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been to a Raider's game?
A Dadger's game?
A Laker's game?
Giants and Dodgers hate each other as anyone out east.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been to a Raider's game?
A Dadger's game?
No. I would fear for my life because of the gang land stabbings that play out in Dodgers stadium.
A Laker's game?
Giants and Dodgers hate each other as anyone out east.
You sure that isn’t just the Bloods vs the Crypts?

They don’t give a fuck about sports on the West Coast. It’s a niche thing out there. Sports is life here on the East Coast.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I would fear for my life because of the gang land stabbings that play out in Dodgers stadium.

They don’t give a fuck about sports on the West Coast. It’s a niche thing out there. Sports is life here on the East Coast.
I've lived both and you are just wrong. People are die hard for their teams everywhere.
You don't have to throw batteries at opposing players to be a 'true' fan.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived both and you are just wrong. People are die hard for their teams everywhere.
You don't have to throw batteries at opposing players to be a 'true' fan.
Sure ya do

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hint hint, it’s a combination of both, playing a certain team at a certain time that you have no control over is luck, being good enough to make it and win is skill.

Raise your hand if your team has either won a championship or hell even been to the conference finals in the last 20 years

My hand is up, is yours?
Mine is......now keep it raised if your team has beaten a 70 win team to win a title.

anyone....Bueller?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crips

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t mentioned Embiid at all. I’m just pointing out that Joker is a paper tiger that gets carried by Jamal Murray.

Doesn't matter. We've all seen the schtick. You're fooling exactly no one. It's Jokers fault that Embiid can't play enough games to be eligible.